Sunday, July 02, 2006

It's about Paris


I've been to Paris many times throughout the years,

There were always something new that would amaze me in the city.

So I'd re-visited those "important-world-famous" sites over and over again.

After 3 attempts of the visits of Musee de Lourve, I've got to see Mona Lisa closely.
I stared at her for 30 minutes as if she would come alive.

Stood among crowds from everywhere in the world,
I walked through The Champs-Elysees from where the Arc de Triomphe stands,

I gently floated through the history of Paris while looking into the Seine and those 37 bridges which connect the left bank to the right.
And imagine once, this Seine was redden by thousands of bodies that floated past in 1572.

Spent hours wandering the small alleys in Montmartre and viewing those great artists' works,
The kitschy Moulin Rouge with its signature neon windmill still does a roaring trade as I danced through the streets.

Be-friended with the not-so-young Parisian waiters at Saint-Germain-Des-Pres,
and located those places I've once been to throughout the years.

Watched that giant Tour Eiffel and gasped the making of the wonders.
Bikers and skaters got together every Friday evening for the city's ride,
as they passed by me, I saw the vibe.

Grabbed the best ice-cream in France in the middle of Ile de la Cite and Ile St.-Louis,
Found myself sitting by the bank of the Seine with the locals who were also having their picnic with same ice-cream of mine.

Notre-Dame, Musee Picasso, Musee d'Orsay, Victor Hugo... la la la of Parisians' pride.

Oh, listen now, I just heard non-stopping honking and screaming over this evening,
Just outside my window, I heard the celebration.
France just won over Brazil for the 2006 FIFA World Cup and advanced to Semi-finals!

There were always something new to see every time I arrived.
It's a city no other cities can be compared to.
It is just Paris.
And Paris shines.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice blog, well written and well illustrated.
You know, for someone whose mother tongue is not English, your writing and prose is friggin' outstanding !

Vive la France ! eh eh... enjoy your stay there.

Guillaume

2:29 pm  
Blogger Ming said...

Vive la France! Guillaume, do you wish you were here instead of me? Baby!! Thanks for your comment. And guess what happened yesterday? I hurt myself sliding down a stone right by Tour Eiffel... I managed to fracture my left foot, how stupid and crazy I was?? Now I am trying to get myself a crutch to walk with in this big big city with my poor French.. Je voudrais louer des bequilles pour 3 jours??
Damn it hurts! xxx

7:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello dear... yah, i wouldn't mind spending a few days back in Paris, keeping you company and experiencing once a gain the world cup fever.
Do you have friends in Paris helping you with your fractured foot?
Je voudrais louer des bequilles pour 3 jours.. ah ah, useful french. ;-)
Take good care.

Guillaume

2:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home