Tuesday, June 27, 2006

More than 10 years

One of my best girlfriends - Mong - from junior college got married last weekend.
Once again, I missed the wedding since I am never in Taiwan.
We chatted over the internet - thanks to technology - and she updated me lots people's news.

Those people who once passing through my teenager's life.

It was 14 years ago when all of us met in the junior college in pan-chiao (Chih-Lee).
I just graduated from the junior high school.
That summer, I had short hair just below my earlope.
Eagerly wanted to grow up or to be recognized as a grownup, I permed it with curves.

First day in school, I met all four of them, who later became my best friends for the next 5 years.
We joined the band club together,
Mong and Wen played drums, Yi and Ying played clarinet, and I played trumpet.
That was my 5 years in the junior college.
Classes, band, home, and boyfriends.

I met so many people from the band club,
Some I thought they would stay important to me all through my life.
But it never happened.

More than 10 years has passed by.
My life changed tremedously since my graduation at the age of 20.
The girls, I see them once in 3 years.
The boyfriends, two got married, one moved to New York.
The trumpet, never touched it again.

I cherish my friendship with the girls deeply,
but our lives went to different directions for the past 10 years,
we grew apart.

Mong updated me lots people's news over the internet today.
Those people who once passed through my youth, and most of them didn't stay.
There are so many changes to each one of them.
I can't deny that people do change, but you just need more than 10 years to see the difference.
I am the best case, even my taste for food changed.

It's been more than a decade.
Life can be so interesting.
I gave up on the complication, now I yearn for simplicity.

1 Comments:

Blogger xianfu said...

wahh.. that seems like a chronicle of ur life... too bad u didnt get to attend ur frenz wedding... wat a lovely blog here... visit my blog and tell me wat do u think about it InvernoKL keep up all the good works.. rocKZ!! :p take care, xian

7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home