Thursday, June 22, 2006

2006 FIFA World Cup Fever

It was eight years ago when I first experienced the crazy football fever.

Summer of 1998, Los Angeles
I was there with a group of French students and a group of Brazilian students in the TV room of UCLA. Not sure about the game but that night, we celebrated it with the French, and I fell in love with the sport.

Summer of 2002, London
Traditional powers Germany were actually not on the tongues of most as favourites before the tournament. But they made it to the final.
I had to woke up so early in order to catch the time difference between Europe and Asia.
Standing in central London, it ended with its most familiar conclusion,
The yellow-clad South Americans holding aloft the FIFA World Cup trophy,
Brazil claimed its fifth world championship.
I became a fanatic football fan for the sake of the excitement.

Summer of 2006, Munich
I am witnessing every step of every game live from the country of the official host.
Began with last Thursday, opening game of 2006 FIFA World Cup here in Munich.
I celebrated Germany's pride with the other 35,000 Germans,
We partied from 7:30pm when the game finished until 4:30am when everyone on the street of Gielastrasse were drunk.
I've been spending my days at the world famous Olympia park following the games,
After Germany's second victory last night, I know this sport stays in me.
I am becoming a football fan with knowledge of the sport, knowing the history, the tactic, the rules, the players...

It's football carnival here, I am in the carnival every second of my life at the moment.
Which country I am in favor to win since there's no Taiwan?
Deutschland und England vor!
For these two nations fulfilled my life and built me who I am today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home