Sunday, August 27, 2006

Love Lost

Mr. L sent Miss B an email.
The emotion is so great that Miss B didn't know how to feel.

But mate, if you two are meant to be together, you will be together.
I still believe in that... can't give up on hope just because someone once left you an ugly scar.
Life goes on, that person moves on... even without you.
So,
Dry your eyes, darling.
Your life will go on and the best thing will show up.
____________________________________________________________________

I now realize in retrospection that I had the perfect girl and gave her up. Whether it was out of pure rationalization or merely stupidity I may never know. Love is not something that you can look at with a realist's perspective. It supersedes that which can be rationalized. Love must be approached with the idea that you will both make sacrifices in order to stay together. It should not be thought of as placing a constraint on the other's life, which it so often seems, but simply adding some new and exciting twist. I know that there is probably some sense of jealousy on my part, but this is not the reason for my desire to get back together.

I wake up thinking of this girl and I go to sleep dreaming of this girl. It pains me to think that I may never be with her again. Everything I see and hear reminds me of some distant memory and the excitement that she once brought to my life. A shirt she gave me our first Christmas together. The watch around my wrist. The scrolls that tower above the head of my bed. I even cuddle with the pillow she once gave me. I try not to think of her or our history together, but it is impossible.

If she is gone, I will forever remember her and what I gave up. I will wonder what life would have been like had I not made that one fateful decision. What would our kids have looked like? What would we have named them? Where would we have lived? What minuscule things would we fight about? And even the all important question of who would be crowned doop-master? Questions like these would remain on my mind throughout my life.

We may not have had the perfect relationship, but who does? If you are truly in love, you will make the adjustments to satisfy the other. I may have figured this part out too late. I still believe that were I given another chance, things would be different. I now understand how wonderful she was to have in my life and how much of an amazing person she truly is.

The thoughts in my head keep running. I will continue to go over what I did wrong and what I could have done differently. I will also remember the great time that we did spend together and wonder if I will ever have my love again…
____________________________________________________________________

When you lose something, you gain another.
Trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home