Thursday, February 09, 2006

Port

I bought a bottle of port from Portugal because I liked it when I tried in one late afternoon in Macau. The atmosphere was right, I was with my good friend from Paris.

Then this bottle of port sit in my cellaret for the past 9 month.
I opened other bottles sitting around it, but never this particular bottle of port.

Days passed,
I began losing my memories of the taste of it,
I wasn't even quite sure why I wanted it then.
It just sits there, quietly.

Two days ago,
I craved some cheese or brie badly.
Happily spent fortune on it.
Went home.
Suddenly, the crave of some wine hit my brain.
"It would be wonderful to open a bottle of red wine now with my cheese,"
I thought to myself.

Then, I realized that I have...
6 different bottles of white wine
3 bottles of strong liquor
1 bottle of Baileys

But there is no red but this particular bottle of port, which I don't even remember how it tastes.

"What the heck," I said to myself.
I have K opened it, we sat down with cheese and this port.

Just like that,
I have my second encounter with this port from Portugal.
When it touched my tongue, my whole taste bud revived.
All the reasons why I wanted this bottle of port, suddenly came back to me.
It was so nice that I blamed myself letting it sit there for so long,
and even worse, not to remember how wonderful it is.

Sometimes first experience was wonderful,
so we try to keep it by owning it.
But days after days, it gets less interesting and less imaginary.
We begin losing the original wonderfulness of it.
Until one day,
there's a second experience.
This experience of wonderfulness normally last much longer than the first.

It applies to everything, every objects and every human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home